I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

May 4, 2017

Ink Pad Stamped Card

I'm back for my second post today.

I really had fun making this card, and it was super easy. I'll write up a tutorial for you, so you can make your own. 

First, here's the card:

And here's how I did it. 

First I took out my Distress Ink Pads in Pink, Orange, Yellow, Blue and Green. 

Using a piece of cardstock I'd cut to size, I took the Pink Pad and rubbed it across the top of the cardstock. 

I repeated this for the Orange, Yellow, Blue and Green, using a piece of paper to mask the rest of the cardstock.

I didn't get a strong swipe initially on the blue, but decided to leave it. Then I made up another mask with paper to cover the blue portion and create a different shape for the lake bottom. Then I inked the green below that and filled in any exposed cardstock with color. (either green for grass or blue for water)

Then I sat there and looked at it wondering what on earth I was doing. Lol --

Here's the stamp set I used put out by IndigoBlu. I don't think this set is still available, but you can still get the stamps as singles, or in other sets. 


I used the bottom strip of this one, and I used a Tim Holtz stamp for the birds. I use Staz On ink a lot, so my rubber stamps look black. As you can see, I've used these a lot.

First I stamped the 'greenery' across the bottom of the Cardstock using Black Staz-On Ink.

Then I inked the stamp, but covered up a part of the stamp, and stamped on the back side of the blue lake portion to about 2/3 of the way across the card, I re-inked and stamped the last bit a little offset.

Oops.

Okay, so that was a happy accident. 

I did the same on the front side of the blue portion (masking the portions of the stamp I did not want to use), being careful not to get too much of the stamp in the center. I used the stamp on each side, then used a black fine tip pen to fill in the rest of the grass in the center by hand. 

Finally, with a white fine tip pen I carefully touched up the top of the blue water where the grass meets the water, to give more of a watery effect, and to clean up the offset 'greenery.' I used a black fine point pen as well.

I finished it up with a bird stamp by Tim Holtz. 

It kind of looks like a runny painted sky. I may have moved the pad around a bit, but I like the effect. I also have a few streaks of blue in the sky. 


Pretty easy though hey? I'd like to try something similar with other stamps I have. 

I got the idea from Stampscapes. They create stamps that are perfect for scenery cards. I think he uses a brush with the ink pads, and felts, etc. to add color. Anyway, they look gorgeous. You should definitely check them out.  Here's a link: Stampscapes

Hope you'll try it out~

Blessings,
Carmen

1 comment:

  1. This is a great way to make a picture Carmen. Thank you for sharing how you made it

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!